Wednesday, July 07, 2010

A blog on the blog

Hello there! I have not blogged in over a month and I just hate that. I love blogging...I love reading blogs and I love getting to look back at our blog to remember little things about our family. The truth is, I just have not had time...or taken the time to blog in awhile. Right after my last blog, I went to Israel for a week, then I got home and wanted to soak in every moment with my boys. David and I then went to New York for a long weekend, David started a new job, our dog was very sick, we were planning for a big week at church before we went on a family vacation...which is where we are as I write. I don´t want to give up on the blog, but I am not sure how frequent the blogs will be for some time. Sam starts kindergarten in the fall, and I am enjoying every moment I can with him before he is in school five days a week. Jacob is in his two´s full-on. They are not terrible, just very, very busy. So, hopefully, I will have many more blogs coming! I am looking forward to blogging about the trip we are on right now.

Just a quick story on that...

We are at the beach in Mexico and I brought kites for the boys to fly. The first day that we did that, it was a big hit. The boys just loved their kites. So, the next day, we went out to do it again. After about 30 seconds, Jacob no longer had any interest in the kite and he threw it at me (see, I told you he is in his twos...). It started to kind of fly away. I started to run. I chased it up a hill (in a bathing suit, mind you) and the kite just kept flying and flying. Finally, the handle got caught in a tree right by the pool. But, there was a spiderman kite in the air and the hotel was setting up for a wedding. I was so worried that spiderman would be in the pictures for the wedding couple. A few minutes later, five hotel workers were standing around staring at the kite and finally got a ladder to get it. But, they didn´t plan very well. Instead of getting the handle, they just pulled the tree branch down and the kite flew away. I cannot tell you how embarrassed I was! Someone came and asked us for our room number and about an hour later, a sweet little man brought us the kite. We are known as the crazy Americans with the spiderman kite. Oh well, it gave them something to talk about for the day! I am just happy that spiderman did not make an appearance at the wedding!

Well, blessing to all who may actually still read this...I hope to do a better job of keeping up soon!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny Story!! Miss you!! Love, Mom

Amanda said...

Oh, that would have been SUCH a blessing for the married couple to have spiderman in their pics! Ha!

Amanda Burkett said...

The absolute best part of being a mom . . . frantically running in next-to-nothing to save something that one of your children has completely rejected!! :o)

I made banana nut bread for the monkeys yesterday . . . As I added ing. I asked Ben where they came from . . . When we got to the egg, he told me we got them from the Easter Bunny.

I may come over Saturday and do laundry with you just so I can see you!

kuykendall_family said...

Can't wait for y'all to get back!

Anonymous said...

this story is great! Hope you've had such a wonderful time there - miss you, love you, and will see you after camp!