Saturday, June 27, 2009

More Cruise

Here is how a day on the cruise went for us:

6 a.m. :  Jacob wakes up and Mommy takes Jacob to run all over the ship so Sam can stay asleep. The first place we always went was to get coffee and watch the end of the sunrise.  Sweet moments for sure.  I think we covered each and every inch of the ship every morning...and rode every elevator...and pushed every button on every elevator.  I loved chasing him and watching him say "hi" to everyone we passed.  You'd be amazed at the people awake this early walking around.  

7ish:  head back to our room to see if Dad and Sam are ready for breakfast.  Head to breakfast where Sam had a cinnamon roll and chocolate milk everyday.  Not our typical breakfast, but we let things go on vacation!  We usually sat on the deck outside for breakfast.

From this point, I don't think I ever really knew what time it was.  But, we'd spend some time playing ping-pong and fusball(I don't know how to spell that), swimming and getting ready for the day.  We did Atlantis one day and then Castaway Cay another day.  The last day we spent at sea, but those will all have separate posts...

At some point, we'd grab lunch and keep playing, swimming, chasing Jacob, etc.  Jacob would usually need a nap in the afternoon, so I'd go back to the room with him and David and Sam would do an activity.  One day, they went to the movie "Earth," and the other days, I think they just kept swimming or playing games.

We'd go to dinner, which was really the only time that we saw our whole group which consisted of my little family, my brother and his family, my parents and my grandparents.  We had a good time at dinner and enjoyed the food and company.  And, we all took turns letting Jacob run around since he now despises high chairs.  There is no telling how many chicken fingers and chocolate milk was consumed at each dinner between the four kids:)

After dinner, we would put Jacob in the nursery and David and I would take Sam to a show.  First of all, Jacob loved the nursery.  I was hesitant to put him in, but he practically jumped out of my arms when I dropped him off and he cried to go back in when I picked him up each time.  He loved that place and that made this mama happy!  We saw the "Toy Story" show, which Sam enjoyed so much.  I was very impressed with it as well.  Another night, they showed the movie, "Up," and the last show was a "Disney Dreams" show.  I didn't think that Sam would actually sit through each show, but he did great and got really into the shows.  I had just as much fun watching him as I did watching the shows.  

Last, it was time to head back to our room and go to sleep.  The kids were both so worn out that they'd fall asleep quick.  Jacob usually ended up in our bed around midnight and by five, all four of us were in our bed.  We never do this at home, and I don't want to start doing it at home, but it was kind of sweet on vacation.  There are no other people in this world I'd rather wake up to!  

I'm sure no one is still reading this, but I just wanted to write it down for my own memory!

3 comments:

Loo said...

I read your whole post! I love hearing what is happening in your life. I miss you.
Laurie

Amanda said...

I'm loving reading about your cruise!

Sorry, that was me before. I was signed in under Curt's.

The Wiggins Family said...

Sounds like an incredible time. What great memories. Can't wait to see the pictures!