Friday, June 26, 2009

I Want My House Back!!!

While we were on vacation, we started having our bathroom redone.  Somewhere in my little mind, I decided that I'd just come home to a new bathroom after we'd been gone for a week.  Wrong.  Wrong indeed.  I came home to dust all over my downstairs and plastic covering my furniture and everything else upstairs.  My suitcases are still full.  I haven't gotten to do laundry.  I haven't really even been able to be here because managing two kids, a dog and 15 construction workers in my bathroom is a bit much.  We've been running around to the pool, friend's pools, Mimi's house, stores, etc. for the week in order to stay out of the house.  I just want to clean my house, do laundry and not have people showing up at 8 a.m. to make a bunch of noise and mess.  

But, I get a new bathroom.  Something I've wanted for a long time. 

Isn't that just like the enemy to want to take away our prize by getting us frustrated with the process?  There are so many times that I think we miss out on our blessing because we are so caught up in the inconvenience of things instead of finding joy in the journey.  I always pray to have a renewed heart and mind.  I pray to be changed.  But, I don't want to go through the process that it takes because sometimes the process gets...well...messy.  I think that sometimes, we start a process and then just sweep the dust under the rug so that we don't have to see all of the mess and never get changed.  We might just have a little glimpse of the process and we get scared to have to deal with the mess of it all.  I don't want to miss out on blessings anymore.  I am willing to go through the process of change in order to be changed.  I want to be different than I am now even if it gets messy.

Romans 5:3-5
Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character, and character hop.  And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom He has given us.

James 1:2-4
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.  Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete not lacking anything.

****I am not in any way saying that having my bathroom done is suffering.  It just brought this analogy to me.  I am beyond thankful that we get to do this********************

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great thoughts, Sherry! I am just like that too - hate the process......you gave me much to think about......
Will we see pictures of the finished bathroom?!!! I love you!