Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I Am An Idiot

Today, the boys and I are spending the day inside because it is very cold outside.  I decided that we would run through Chick-fil-a for lunch just to get out for a few minutes.  We get to the CFA drive through and wait for a couple of minutes and.....my car stops.  dead.  not moving. keys won't even come out. tons of cars behind me.  i get out of the car (oh, and i didn't put shoes on since we were just driving through...and my hair was still wet...up in a clippy, but still wet...you know, since we were just staying in all day.) to tell the people behind me to go around me and the car starts rolling back, so I jump in and put the emergency brake on and then tell her.  then, I do what we all do...I call my husband.  he says he is on his way.  then, kendrick (the owner of cfa) comes out to see what is going on and tells me that he will go get some guys and they will push me out of the way.  he says, "just put it in neutral and we'll push it."  well, viola!  when i put the car in neutral, the keys come out and then the car starts again.  I felt like such an idiot not knowing to put the car in neutral!  anyway, we just headed home and david brought lunch here.  whenever it gets real cold, our car has a hard time idling, so that is what happened, so we are going to get it fixed soon!  have a warm day!

7 comments:

Amanda Burkett said...

I don't know what's funnier . . . The title of the post or the story itself! Love you!!!!

Amanda said...

Oh girl! I hate that for you! Our Chick-fil-a has a very scary drive thru lane that you cannot get out of and I was just imagining that happening to me the last time I was there.

The Guess Family said...

Fun times!!! The best is that didn't have shoes. I have been there broken down in that Chick Fil A parking lot.

Time to get your car fixed, but rest assured, once you spend that money, you won't have another cold day all year!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my golly what a time.... Well at least you have something to always remember when you go to Chick Fil again.
Very C-R-A-Z-Y!
your a mess.

The Chappelles said...

sista, you are crazy! love you.
-amy

Lindsey said...

Um, yeah, I would definitely not have thought to put the car in neutral. Sad that it was a rough time, especially without shoes (!), but glad you had some nice guys to help!

Amanda Burkett said...

Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog, Friend. I wouldn't want to go thru these crazy years without you! I forgot to add to my post that Ben LOVES pink Sprite and pink donuts with sprinkles. I may have to update it!