Sunday, March 02, 2008



This week, David had the chance to go skiing with his brother for a few days.  I am so glad that they got to do this together to have some "brother" time.  It's been a long time since the two of them got to just hang out.  They went to Steamboat Springs and skiied their little hearts out.  
I was so thankful that my family lives here this week!  My parents helped me so much and so did Bryan and Amy.  My mom came over to help me get the kids to bed each night and she offered to spend the night with me, but I wanted her to get rest in her own bed.  We had dinner with my parents several times and we hung out with Bryan, Amy, Caleb and Sarah the whole weekend.  We got to go to Northshore park and see the ducks and play in the sand.  And then, the kids just got to play together at Mimi's house.  It is so precious to see these kids together!  I can't wait for Jacob to be old enough to play, too.  I am so amazed at how God has allowed our family to live in the same town.  We never could have planned it ourselves or made it work without His hand!  We just miss our Grammie and Diddy and wish so much that they lived close, too! 
We are so glad that our Daddy is home.  Each day, Sam would ask when his daddy was coming home.  He had some tears over it and while that is sad, it warmed my heart to know how much Sam loves his daddy.  As soon as David walked in the door, Sam ran as fast as he could, yelling, "Daddy, Daddy!"  Then, he jumped in his arms and wanted to tell him all of the details of his week.  So precious!

1 comment:

The Chappelles said...

I am amazed at how much our guys favor. I guess the navy shirts help too. We love you and are so glad that we got spend time with you. Can't wait to hear ski stories from David!