Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Today was one of those days that you can choose to laugh or cry about. And, it was one of those days that make you very aware of the fact that you are a mom. First, this morning, I had a doctor's appointment for the baby in my tummy, so I got up before Sam to make sure that I was ready before he got up so that we could have plenty of play time before I had to drop him off at my mom's so I could head to the doctor (my ob doesn't allow children in the office). Well, my doctor has a very unique situation and I ended up waiting forEVER to get in, but that's ok. I got to hear Baby's heartbeat...164 and know that the baby is fine. And, we scheduled my ultrasound for August 30th. :) So I went to pick up Sam and we ended up staying at mom's and swimming for awhile and then heading home for his nap. I was ready for him to go down because I have about five billion things to do this week around the house. I am going on a work trip and then David and Sam are meeting me so that we can spend the week with his family, so I have a lot of laundry/packing/cleaning to do. Here is where things started going downhill. After letting Sam stay in his room for an hour just talking to his truck and car, he yelled "mama, come in here." So, I went to get him because I knew that there was no hope for a nap today. Before I opened the door, I was about knocked over by the smell coming from his room. yuck. Sam has had two accidents since we started the potty thing and today was the second one. You get really used to not having to deal with dirty diapers really quickly, so I just held my breath and delt with it. I decided that we'd head to the mall since Sam wasn't sleeping and I'd let him play at the museum. Plus, I wasn't in a great mood and the mall always helps that. I called David and he met us for dinner at the food court. We were in a little bit of a rush because we were watching Wesley tonight so that his parents could go on a date. About half way into dinner, Sam started choking on a chicken nugget. So, I just reached over and patted him on the back. And then...he threw up. And...for some reason, I thought I could catch it. gross. MInd you, we are in the mall. Sam says "what I did?' and starts crying because his clothes are now dirty. David goes to get paper towels and I have it on my hands and all I can think about is that I am going to run to get him a new outfit right now. And, I did. So, I tell David that I am going to run get a new outfit and I come back and Sam is completely stripped down...in the food court. Oh well, I suppose. The outfit was really cute and I did it so fast!! Then, we came home and the Kuykendalls dropped Wesley off while Sam was having a complete meltdown about something. Thankfully, they love us enough to overlook that and Sam and Wesley ended up having great fun together. After they left, I was putting Sam's nighttime diaper on him and he peed on the couch. Seriously. I don't think he's done that since he was a month old. So, I pulled the slip cover off and threw it in the washer and David cleaned while I put Sam down. He is asleep now! I know this is random, but it was my day. To top it all off, our a/c is out for good and we are about to replace it...only $6000 for that one. I know tomorrow will be better!!

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Sherry, that is unreal...from beginning to end. I'm so sorry about your crazy day! I am dumbfounded that your AC is about to cost you 6,000. It's days like these when we wish my dad still had his company.

Shelly said...

Okay, this one just makes me hurt! I'm sorry girl!

I mean...even the new outfit may have covered over the sadness of the day, but it didn't clear up after that! lol...

And you're right, tomorrow will be better!! :)

PS - Someone hit my car today, and I ended up doing the same thing while I was on the phone with a friend. I broke into the hysterical giggles!

The Chappelles said...

MY, MY! Help her, Lord, have a better day today! I am sure a wise person would tell you, " You will laugh about this one, one day!"

The Wiggins Family said...

And the potty training begins.... You can do it girl- All things through Christ. I hope you were able to laugh it off, but being pregant I would probably cry. Love ya and hope today brings a little ease.

Ginger Chappelle said...

It's a day to remember! Love you -- Mom

Amanda Burkett said...

And I thought my day with Mr. Monster was bad. You are way ahead of me, girl! That said, I love your honesty, and I love the way you 'parent' with so much grace! Job well done!

Ashley Turnbull said...

Oh, my friend! I have had some rough days lately, too, so even though they don't involve raising little ones, I still feel your pain. You have so much patience - I pray for that much for when I have one. Love you!

Marlers said...

Hi Sherry!!! Hope you are doing well! Love to see how sweet Sam is growing!

You've been tagged! Check my Blog!