Thursday, July 26, 2007

Well, my heart just about overflowed tonight. We were watching Barney before bathtime (i'm not sure how or why he's into Barney, but oh well...not the point right now) and it came to the end and Sam just came and grabbed my hands to start dancing with me. I just soaked in the moment and thankfully, David read my mind and took pictures! This was espcecially sweet today because I have been dealing with an excruciating amount of mommy-guilt latetly. I know all of us have false mommy guilt tons, but it has been overwhelming me lately. I think I overcompensate when I feel guilty by giving in when I shouldn't and then it is harder to discipline and then I feel guilty for not disciplining right and the spiral down continues. I know that I shouldn't feel guilty about the silly things that I do, but I do, and I don't necessarily know how to stop. One thing that the Lord often has me do when I am feeling guilty is to write down what I'm feeling guilty about and then really think about if it is worthy of feeling guilty of. If it is a sin, then I confess it and should get over it, but often I continue to feel guilty about it. I am learning that all of this guilty feeling is a form of pride because it causes me to be wrapped up in myself instead of doing the things that I should do. I mean, I honestly don't want to act a certain way or do a certain thing purely out of guilt! Anyway, we're working on it!

And, you can see how big my belly is getting in these pictures!!




6 comments:

The Chappelles said...

those little guys can steal our hearts, can't they! I am so glad you had that moment with yours. it is so precious!

Ashley Turnbull said...

oh, how sweet! i love seeing pictures of your little belly - the other day i thought how i had about forgotten that you were pregnant! how sad! it's because i never see you! anyway, i am so happy to see all the pics of you and sam!

Amanda said...

How precious! Thanks for sharing about how you fight mommy guilt. It is a battle. I seem to get a heap of it every time I pick Jackson up from mother's day out. The workers always have something to say to me and while I could choose not to receive it, I often do. It's so hard! Actually, something you and Jen told my mom that she relayed to me has set me free from some mommy guilt. So thank you!

Anonymous said...

How precious - that looks like so much fun. :) I can sympathize with the mommy guilt, but I do know that you never give anything less than your best and I can tell the Lord is truly doing a good work in you through Sam - he is such an adorable boy! And thanks for the pics of the cute baby belly :)

Anonymous said...

We love you, and Sam and Baby! You are all so precious to us. Love Jan

Bryson's Mom said...

Oh how sweet! I'm all on the mommy guilt wagon! Lord help me! I've got to quit my job!
See you soon!