Tuesday, November 07, 2006


I feel comletely compelled to write now about how wonderful Sam is. My last entry sounded so bad about him and he is truly a delight. There are just hard days and that's just how life is. Today, however, was an enjoyable day with Sam. He was very obedient and just fun to be with. I started thinking about all of the things that he does that make me laugh or that I think are adorable and all of those things far outweigh any disappointing behavior that he has. Here are some of the things that Sam does right now:
1. He kisses me on both cheeks before going to sleep.
2. He holds our hands and says "amen" after we pray.
3. He laughs at me and it is the most wonderful sound in the world.
4. He talks ALL the time; I usually have no idea what he is saying, but he is talking.
5. He says "please" in sign language with so much conviction that I'm afraid he will hurt himself.
6. He doesn't like cars or trains that move on their own; he wants to move them and will chase them until he gets a hold of them to make them move.
7. Anytime he hears a plane, he points to the sky and waves and says "hi" to it. When he can't hear it anymore, he looks at me and says "where?" and I tell him that it went to the airport and he says "aaaiiirrrpot."
8. He loves to tell me what he sees...dump trucks, hummers, school buses, etc.
9. He jumps...well, he bends down and puts his hands behind his back and then stands on his tip-toes and he says "jump" when he does it.
10. He wears cowboy boots.
11. He loves to play in his crib and laughs so hard when he is in there.
12. He runs to the door when he hears david coming home and giggles with excitement.
13. He has a huge belly and pushes his lawnmower with it.
14. He dances with me and laughs while he is doing it.
15. He misses me when I'm gone and gets excited to see me and smiles so big when I walk in the door and says "mama" in the sweetest tone.

Ok, so now I'm teary from thinking about all of these things; there are a thousand more, but I'll spare you.

4 comments:

Ashley Turnbull said...

Sherry, that is so scary about the little boy. I don't think it was random that you answered the door at all--def God's hand on the situation! Anyway, I just heard from my boss that the teacher at his daughter's public school told them that if their parent is an engineer, they can't help you w/ math homework. RIDICULOUS! After this, my kid may not be in public school--ha ha!

McClure Family said...

that's so funny about being an engineer; when I was little, I thought that my dad drove a train since he is an engineer

Bull said...

Apparently Sam and I are a lot alike, because I probably do 90% of those things for Ashley. The only one I don't do is "please" because I don't know sign language.

McClure Family said...

Bull, you make me laugh! I hope that we get to see yall on sunday! And, I know that you are so thrilled about going to Italy..bon voyage!