Tuesday, April 13, 2010

We Went to the Beach

Amanda, Michele and I headed to the beach with our kids last weekend. David is out of town and we all just needed a little time with our kids away from the daily grind. Thankfully, we were blessed by a friend to use their beach house and we had a blast! We just played in the water, played in the sand, watched movies, blew bubbles, and (kind of) slept. It was very low-key and very much needed! I am so thankful for these two friends. They are the kind of friends that you talk to multiple times a day and they know everything about me. They have seen me at my absolute worst and still love me. Life would not be nearly as fun without them in it! I cannot believe that we have known each other for five years! Being a mom is much more fun with these two moms alongside me!







5 comments:

kuykendall_family said...

We had a blast - anytime you want to go one another get-away adventure...just let me know!

Amanda Burkett said...

I loved reading that . . . Gave me some serious warm fuzzies. Sherry-Girl, you and M are my girls. Don't know what I'd do without ya'll!!

You failed to mentioned that you were STUCK in a (darling) beach house for two days with a snotty-nosed mother and her equally sick daughter (who cried non-stop). Nevermind that J is now puny, so we totally infected you.

That's what I love most about you, you find the joy!!!

The Chappelles said...

great pictures...

The Wiggins Family said...

We were just there for an over night, but not with the kids. I love the pictures. That second to last one can not be Galveston, the water is blue. haha... One day I hope to bring the kids to the beach.... they still have not been.

The Martin's said...

I'm so glad that you have such wonderful mommy friends... it really does make a big difference. I'm sure moreso when David is gone. Maybe I can join the mommy club someday if we ever live by you again ;)

gorgeous pictures!