Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I have been wanting to write this down for awhile, but don't know how to say all that I want to and don't want to sound anything except for what we are, so bear with me.

The last three months have been the hardest three months of our lives. Even in saying that, I know that there is so much more suffering that goes on in the world than what goes on in our little world, but we all have our individual paths that the Lord leads us on. I've even said to the Lord, "I know there is so much bigger stuff in the world, but this is huge in my little world." I think He understands that.

I literally am not able to divulge the details of our journey for a lot of reasons. First, legally. Second, most of them are boring and distracting from the purpose of the trial we have endured. Basically, we have been betrayed, stabbed in the back, kicked in the stomach, lied to, stolen from and hurt by people we considered friends.

The reason I am writing all of this down is to remember that the Lord truly is a strong tower for His children. My dated reading...not what I sought out to read, but what was dated for October 30, 2009 was pointed exactly to what we were going through. Every single day, it was that way. I am not kidding. I had about 10 quiet times per day for the first couple of weeks that we were going through this and His word is truly alive and everything to me. As the psalmist says in Psalm 119...if not for His word, I would have perished during my affliction. David and I went through so many emotions...and had so many emotions. We would sit at the kitchen table every morning...just as we do every morning...and have done every morning for a long time and just weep, or fuss, or just talk. I've never felt so close to my husband and I've never been prouder of him. To watch him seek the Lord, seek counsel from Godly mentors, and continue to walk in integrity through every moment of the trial is humbling. and amazing.

I weep just sitting here thinking about all of the miracles the Lord performed for us during the past three months and how He still is. David and I have never really gone through much in our lives. We've had hard times...David more than me...but nothing so life changing and sudden as we just had. I can honestly say now that I know the Lord is real. His promises are true. He does not leave us nor forsake us. He is just. He is faithful. He is everything. His grace really is enough. I am so thankful that I have the Lord. My life would be pointless and miserable without Him. He is truly my life. The life and breath of this family. We will serve Him all the days of our life...no matter what...no matter what anyone thinks of us or says of us, we will.

I don't know what anyone is going through. If you would have seen me over the last three months, you would have thought we were fine. If you would've asked, I probably would have told you that we were going through a hard time, but you wouldn't know that it was the hardest thing we've ever gone through. I know others are going through stuff too. It is life. So, I want anyone to know that it is true that the Lord is compassionate and gracious. It is not just something nice to say to someone. It is true that He works out everything according the purpose of His will. It is true. His promises are true. He is everything.


8 comments:

The Wiggins Family said...

"Praise God there is joy in the morning!" "Those who sow in tears will reap in joy!" I'm so glad He has brought you and will continue to bring you through this and reveal Himself to you and David all the days ahead. You've been on my heart and in my prayers ever since. Love you so much!!

Amanda Burkett said...

I love you both so much. I am broken with you, over this terrible trial. But Sherry, I am rejoicing this morning. Reading the words of your heart, hearing your trusting voice, knowing that the Lord has drawn you closer has blessed me more than I know how to say . . . I am rejoicing this morning!!!

Diddy said...

I told David that things happen for a reason. And, I'm convinced that, as painful as this was, it just opens the door for bigger and better things. I think you're already seeing some of that. There will be many blessings to come! Speaking of blessings, give my favorite 2 blessings a hug for me!

Ashley Turnbull said...

Wow. Well said. I think of you often. God does things for one purpose: to bring glory to Himself and to sanctify His own.

I think that has been accomplished through your testimony.

Love you.

The Chappelles said...

Love you, sister. So great to see HIM at work.

Anonymous said...

you are really the real deal. You are through and through what I want to be when I grow up! I'm so proud of the way you pointed all of us to Christ through this all. I love you so.
n.

Amanda said...

I love you, Sherry. And I have so much respect for you and David. Thanks for testifying.

The Skains Family said...

Sherry, you are truly an amazing testimony. Although I don't know the details I can see that God is living through you and you are an encouragement to me even being several miles away. Your heart is pure and I know that God is so proud of you and David and the faith and trust you both have in Him! I admire you more than you will ever know!