Friday, April 03, 2009

15 Months!!!

Jacob is 15 months old!  He is growing a developing so fast.  Jacob is one busy little guy.  He never stops moving from the time he wakes to the time he goes to sleep.  He is definitely an observer and takes everything around him in.  I love watching him.  He smiles at everyone who looks his way and does this cute little laugh where he scrunches up his nose and throws his little head back.  He runs just about everywhere.  He has a swagger that is only Jacob.  He loves me and I love him.  He gets so excited when he wakes up and gets to come downstairs and see his big brother.  And, his big brother can't wait to see him each morning.  He can climb the ladder and the "rock wall" on the swingset and he loves to go down the slide.  He could climb and slide all day long if I let him.  Sam and Jacob play "pirates" together and Sam always makes Jacob the captain because "the captain doesn't do anything."  Jacob just started coloring, but mostly wants to eat the crayons.  Jacob loves to eat.  He will pretty much eat anything I put in front of him and gets sad when mealtime is over.  When Jacob is ready to go to bed, he usually lays on the floor, says "ni-ni" and then I rock him for a couple of minutes, put him in his bed and he is out.  That is a dream!  He is really starting to babble a lot, but doesn't say a ton of words.  Not that he could get a word in since he lives in this house, but I'm sure that he will start when he is ready.  Sam usually does his talking for him.  When you ask him what a fish says, he does this cute open and closing of his mouth.  And then he laughs at himself.  Jacob really likes for us to sing to him and he really likes his books.  Mostly, Jacob just likes to run around and follow Sam wherever.  I am so in love and him being in our family brings so much fun.  Jacob is a blessing to us and we can't wait to watch him continue to grow and grow!




Sweet Thing
This is how I spend most of the time...chasing this busy little guy!!

3 comments:

Amanda Burkett said...

Your blog is precious. The words are beautiful, real, honest, life-changing to this wanna-do-it-better-tomorrow-than-I-did-it-today Momma. I love the one about Sam . . . I love the one about Jacob. I love the Momma who authors these posts and shares these sweet thoughts with all of us.

The Wiggins Family said...

He is precious in His sight and mine too. What a cutie! Sounds a lot like Zac. I love my boy!

Lindsay said...

I love reading your blog...it feels like having a conversation with you. You are honest and heartfelt and I feel like you're sharing a piece of yourself. And I often learn a thing or two too...thanks for blessing me! P.S. I enjoy all of your boy stories. My girls never play pirates!!