Saturday, February 28, 2009

A New Day

Today, when Sam woke up, the first thing he said to me was...
"mom, I'm going to obey you all day long today.  i want to do fun things and i don't get to do fun things when i don't obey you."

I cannot tell you how much that meant to me.  He has done very well today.  I guess I have to realize that just because a discipline works does not mean that it will work all of the time.  I will never have this figured out.  I think that just as much as Sam wants to make sure that I'm real about all of this, the Lord wants to make sure I'm real, too.

I think it is so funny that I posted about a week ago how we had changed things and this week, Jacob has a cold and Sam was exceptionally defiant.  Humility.  Hard to get.  Gotta have it.  

I think that I need to take one day at a time and be grateful for the great days and work extra hard on the not so great days.  Thanks for praying for me!

1 comment:

Amanda Burkett said...

That darling Sam! Takes a good momma to bring up a boy that wakes up with obedience on his mind!