Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thanksgiving Feast

Sam's preschool class had a Thanksgiving Feast today and the parents were invited.  It is always such a joy to see my little guy interact with his classmates.  I actually snuck up a little early and watched Sam in his science class before the feast.  He was, of course, having a blast.  They were having a bubble party and Ms. Chandel had made a bubble solution in a kiddie pool and they were making all sizes of bubbles.  He later explained elasticity to me.  

When we headed to the feast, all of the kids sat on their special shape (Sam's is the green hexagon) and Mrs. Johnson asked them what they were thankful for.  They started with Sam and he thought for a minute, and then he said, "my cousins."  Sweet.  They went around the room and one little girl said that she was thankful for dresses.  amen.  The other little boy in the class said that he was thankful for the cupcakes in the room.  amen.  Then, they all put on their turkey hats that they made and sang two turkey songs.  It was hilarious and adorable!  I love it when I see Sam scan the room to make sure that I am watching.  After that, it was time for the feast and Mrs. Johnson asked Sam if he would pray for the food.  It made me a little nervous for him to have to do that in front of all the moms and dads, but he did great.  He said, "Dear God, thank you for my friends, thank you for the food.  I love you, Jesus.  amen."  It melted me.  

Then, the feast began and all of the kids had chicken nuggets, mashed potatoes (which Sam told me that he liked and then spit them back out on his fork), green bean casserole, rolls, and cupcakes.  They all had so much fun together.  After they finished eating, we all went out to the playground and let the kids run off some of that sugar before we headed home.  We went and picked Jacob up from Mimi's and then came home and played!  Sam is off of school next week and we have some special things planned, so I am really looking forward to that time!  It was fun to be at school with Sam today to prepare for the holiday season staring right in my face and it made me think of lots of things that I am thankful for!  Have a great week!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I love Sam's sweet prayer. And he looks so handsome in his green uniform shirt! Jackson had a little Thanksgiving feast too and it was so precious. I nearly cried! Preschools do some of the neatest things.