Monday, October 27, 2008

Weekend Away



Wow!  The weekend went by so fast!  My girlfriends and I had such a great time hanging out together and celebrating Melissa's wedding.  It was so nice to be with girls who have known me forever and still love me!  Quick recap:

Thursday morning I left and headed to the airport.  Krista and I had scheduled our flights to get in within minutes of one another in Atlanta so we could head over to Crysie's house.  As I was boarding the plane, Krista called and told me that she missed her flight!  Ouch!  No big deal for me, though.  I just hung out at the airport and read Atonement Child by Francinne Rivers.  Great book, and it gave me a chance to relax before the weekend started.  It also gave me a chance to get over the motion sickness from the plane ride.  I had been very sick all week long, so my tummy didn't handle the plane too well!  Crysie picked Krista and I up from the airport and we went to her house and played with her precious little six week old, Parker.  We watched the horrible Auburn game and talked and talked until we absolutely had to go to bed!

Friday morning, Crysie took Krista and I to meet Ashley and the three of us drove to South Carolina where we went to the bridesmaid's luncheon and then back to the hotel afterwards to shower Melissa with many things.  It was a great chance to just be together before the wedding.

Then, Friday night, we went to the church and then to the rehearsal dinner...which was in the President's box in Clemson University's stadium.  It was so fun!

Saturday morning, we got up and helped get things ready for the reception and then spent the rest of the day getting ready for the wedding!  It was such a gorgeous wedding!  Melissa looked amazing.  The service was so sweet and such an encouragement to listen to the preacher speak about marriage.  We then went to the reception and enjoyed great food and cake!  

After the reception, we changed and drove back to Atlanta for the night and then headed to the airport at 7:00 am for flights back home!  I was greeted by my sweet family with big smiles and hugs!  I missed them so much!  


3 comments:

The Chappelles said...

i am so glad you got to be with close friends. seeing you all together, makes me think of AU... my how time flies. By the way, your hair looks fabulous.

Ashley Turnbull said...

Sher-bear! It was a BLAST! I had the best time, and I was actually exhausted from TALKING. Ha! So much we had to catch up on (try 4 yrs!). Thank you for being such a good long-distance friend! Am burning all the pics to a CD and mailing when I'm done.

Amanda Burkett said...

You look AMAZING in those pictures, girl! I'm so glad that you had a good weekend. Can't wait to see you and catch back up. Hot chocolate one night this week?