Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Sam's Silly Face



Sam is into making faces for feeling right now.  He doesn't like any sad feelings, just good ones.  This is my favorite!  He makes a silly face and waves his arms all over the place.  Sam is growing up so much and it takes my breath away sometimes.  He hardly has any baby words anymore.  He is really starting to think and do for himself these days.  He is hilarious.  If Sam doesn't know a word for something, he just makes something up.  They are usually words that no one on this earth has ever heard.  One of our favorites is "hunchit."  We were in the elevator at Barnes and Noble the other day and he was describing all of the buttons.  When he got to the one with the alarm on it he said, "that's the hunch button.  you just have to hunch it."  Last Sunday, when I was getting ready for church, he said, "mom, you need to hurry.  you are not hunching it."  I have no idea where this came from, but we use it in our house constantly now.  

Another thing about Sam is his haircut.  You may wonder why in the world we shaved off his beautiful blonde hair.  Well, it's because he was pulling out his hair when he was going to sleep.  So, the best answer was to basically shave it off until he breaks the habit.  It is a cute summer cut, but I miss his long hair.  

We have adjust well to no naps in our house.  There are some days that Sam does take a nap, but most days, he doesn't.  He has been going to sleep around 7:30 each night and is finally sleeping all the way through the night again without waking up with nightmares.  Thank you for your prayers in this!  The no nap has actually given me a new freedom that I didn't expect since I don't have to rush home anymore to get him down.  I will enjoy it while I can since Jacob will still sleep in his carseat or the stroller when it is his naptime!  

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Amanda Burkett said...

Ain't noboby cuter than Sambini. Hunchit, girlfriend!