Sunday, July 20, 2008

1st Baseball Game




We had our very first baseball game yesterday!  It was so hilarious I could hardly stand it!  The team did great and it seemed like they were actually getting the game. Our team actually fielded some balls and got some outs!  We were so proud!  Here are some of my favorite things from the first game:

-3-year olds in baseball caps...nothing cuter
-batter's helmets that are way too big
-the only girl on the team brought her own bat, glove and helmet...and they were all pink...and, she is probably the best hitter on the team
-Sam sitting in his chair and telling all of his team mates that they were his "new friend"
-Caleb helping coach Sam
-the mud hole that was just off the base path before 1st base and how each and every child had to detour to splash in it before they stepped on 1st base
-how every time David called a kid's name to come bat, they were in the woods taking care of business
-watching Sam and David together was so sweet.  you can just see how proud David is of Sam for doing this!
-that we get to do this again next week...and for a very long time, I'm sure!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

priceless post! I'm so happy you have begun these memories! Some of my favorite memories EVER!
he's adorable!
love you,
n.

Amanda said...

Oh man! I cannot wait for this! How cute is Sam in his uniform?!?!

The Chappelles said...

so, so, so very cute!

The Wiggins Family said...

That is the cutest. I wish I could have been there. I reminds me of my brothers games when he was little. Too funny about the girl and the pink. Sounds like something Carlee would want.