Monday, February 11, 2008

Our Days





Lately, we have spent the majority of each day playing "monster trucks."  Anyone who is around us very much has heard Sam talk endlessly about his love for these trucks.  In our playroom, he drives his monster trucks around the couch for hours. I'm not kidding.  And, I do it, too.  He calls the couch "reliant stadium" and we have to pretend that we are wearing ear phones since it is so loud when the monster trucks are around.  How can I resist a little one saying, "mama, pweese pway monster trucks wif me."?  It is so hilarious to me that going to the monster truck rally would change his life (and mine) forever.  He has recited the event numerous times and I don't think he will ever forget it.  He asks every week if he can go back to reliant stadium to see the monster trucks.  I have explained to him that they are not there anymore by telling him that the monster trucks are in Alabama now (don't ask me why...it is just the first thing that came to my mind when he asked where they were) and now he asks to go to Alabama.  Jacob usually is sitting in the "fish chair" watching in amazement as we do this game.  In his eyes, I see him wanting to get up and do it with us so bad!  
Jacob is such a precious baby.  He hardly makes a sound, and when he does, I usually feed him...which may be the reason that he is a little butterball.  He is so incredibly cute that I can't stop staring at him most of the time.  I think that he is going to be pretty laid back which will be a very welcomed personality in our family!
Other than monster trucks all the time, Sam is a delight. However, we have been through some rough days of discipline lately, but that just comes with having a two year old little boy.  He is testing every boundary and I am just making sure that the boundaries stay in tact so that he knows that they are there.  I think he wants them, he just wants to test them.  Today, I texted David and wrote "if, when you get home, sam and i are both still alive, it will have been a good day."  Of course, he immediately called with the compassion that only he can have since he deals with the same child that I do.  I think I asked the Lord for new mercies at least every hour today.  And, for patience.  And, for wisdom. And, for sanity.  And, for a nap.  I do have to say that  I am starting to see a little bit of fruit from the labor of all of this discipline.  We had a great week last week together with very little discipline issues.  I asked Sam last week if he was going to choose to obey me or disobey and face the consequence of that and he said, " I obey u."  Praise the Lord.  This week is starting off different, but every day is a new day!  We'll see how tomorrow goes.  
Sorry for all of the rambling, but it's what you get right now with the stage that we are in!  What a fun time of life!  As my mom tells me constantly, it's just a season, so enjoy every minute!  

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Jackson suddenly forgot last week that he is not supposed to hit mommy. We have had so many time outs relearning this simple fact! It is so tiring to buckle down and be consistent over an issue. PTL for wise, supportive, encouraging dads.

The Chappelles said...

he can come to Alabama with us anytime. may not find a monster truck, but we will find a tractor or something....Love you.

The Wiggins Family said...

I am with you on the new mercies and strength and nap today. It was one of those days I just needed a break. Love ya girl!

Jenny said...

The toddler years can be hard but I promise you will miss it when they are older and still testing you. The best news is you have a break for awhile after the toddler years until the teen years.

CUTE boys though!