Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Growing Up

Sam is asleep in his "big boy" bed!!!! Today before his nap he told me that he wanted to go "night-night" in his big boy bed, so I said, "ok" with a very reluctant heart. It is so nice to have him in the crib; he sleeps so well in there and for so long, but we have had his room ready for a long time and I guess it is just time. I laid him in his bed and told him that he needed to go to sleep and left the room. An hour and a half later, he went to sleep. He spent a lot of time singing and then yelling, "MAMA!!! COME IN HEERRRRREEEE!!!!!" Finally, there were no more noises and he has been asleep for 40 minutes. We'll see how long the nap lasts!

FYI Update: He slept for 2 hours in his bed!! I am used to a 3 hour nap, but I'll take 2 for sure! We ended up playing in the bed for 30 minutes after his nap...he loved being in there! But, when it was time to go to bed tonight, he wanted the crib again. I guess we'll have a slow transition, but that's fine with me!!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Awww! What a big day for y'all!

Marlers said...

Such a big boy!!! That is a proud day, I know...now if I can just master the art of getting them to stay there! Hope to see you on Tuesday!!!