Sunday, August 19, 2007

A Full Week




We got back into town late Friday night after spending a week with David's family in Georgia. We had an absolute blast being with them. Grammie and Diddy had a ton of fun things planned for us to do and we were so grateful! They always make it so comfortable at their home for us! They also put up with watching a TON of Barney the whole week as well as putting up with normal two-year old stuff and the pregnant mom of a two year old. We know they love us!
Here is a little run-down of our trip:

-I left on Thursday morning and was able to serve with my LPM sisters at a Women of Faith conference on Friday. I couldn't have been more blessed to be there! I am truly humbled and honored to serve the Body in this way. On Friday afternoon, after the conference was over, David's folks picked me up so we could go to the airport to get Sam and David.

-On Friday, David and Sam flew to Atlanta! I was so nervous for them...mainly for David to be traveling with Sam alone. But, they had a great time together, praise the Lord. Sam even slept the whole time on the plane! I was so excited to see them come up the escalator in Atlanta! Sam was so glad to see his Grammie and Diddy and couldn't wait to play with them. When we got to their house, he wanted to play with all of the toys that Grammie had for him, but we had to go to bed, so he woke up asking for them.




-Saturday, we got up and played and played. Then, since it was our sixth anniversary, David and I left after we got Sam down for his nap and went to the Fox to see "The Wizard of Oz." It was wonderful! The actors were amazing and we had a great time just being together. We went to this neat little restaurant called "ONE" after that for a late, delicious dinner. I had duck and David had tuna. It was so fun to be just us for a little while. Sam had fun being with his grandparents for the evening. They played outside in the sprinkler and Sam curled up with Diddy to watch the Braves play baseball.













-Uncle Matt came to the McClure's on Sunday to hang out with Sam. Sam adores his uncle and Matt had a cool remote control helicopter that Sam loved watching. We played in the fountain-sprinkler in the back yard and Sam got us all soaked!





-On Monday, we played at Barnes and Noble for awhile and Grammie bought Sam some new books. We went to the marina and fed some ducks, which was a ton of fun for Sam. Then, that evening, our good friends came over for dinner with their little girls. We were so thankful to David's mom for cooking for all of us and having three kids in her house for a while. We were blessed to be able to visit with Jacob and Cynthia for a while and Sam got to work on his sharing skills.





-Tuesday, we went to this fun place called "Monkey Joes" where there were tons of space-walk-type things everywhere. Sam was hilarious, bouncing all over the place and going down the fast slides. He acted like he owned the place and wore himself, me, and David out. I didn't ever think I'd be climbing up inflatable devices when I was 5 months pregnant, but it was so fun and I am so glad that I did. I like having a little guy to climb all over the place with! Then, we went to Red Robin for dinner and Sam entertained all of us by playing with the "Red Robin" character. He danced with him and gave him five, but would not hug him. Then, after getting Sam down for bed, David and I went to see "No Reservations." Good movie, but I cried the whole time. I'll probably write about that later.






-Wednesday was a big day for us! We went to see Helen,Sam's great-grandmother, then we went to lunch with Aunt Linda. Then, we went to the Georgia aquarium. It is the largest indoor aquarium in the world...it has whale sharks,beluga whales, penguins, sea turtles, otters, sea lions and anything else you can imagine. We then headed to dinner with Uncle Matt...Sam fell asleep in the car on the way to dinner and slept through the entire dinner on the booth. He was wiped out! I don't have pictures from this yet...they are on Grammie's camera, so I'll post them later :)

-Thursday, we got up and went to the Cooper's house to swim in their pool. I don't have pictures yet from this, either because they are on Grammie's camera, but as soon as I get them, I'll add them. Sam could not have had more fun. He had his first experience jumping off of a diving board and he loved it. He would jump to David over and over again and narrate the whole time. David threw Sam into the air about five thousand times and Sam thought that was the coolest thing. We were all so worn out, so we went back and took naps before heading to dinner at Country's where we had our favorite barbeque meal.

-Friday was quite a day. We had a 2:35 flight out of Atlanta that would put us home at 3:30. But, when we got to the airport, we saw that our flight was delayed 2.5 hours. Not that big of a deal to us since the security line was wrapped around the airport. But, when we got to our gate, it said that the flight would not leave until 6:30, then it got to 7:30. So, we went and booked another flight, leaving at 6:15. Well, this flight got delayed as well and we didn't leave Atlanta airport until 8:30. We were amazed at how great Sam handled it! He didn't get fussy at all and we just watched airplanes, airport trucks, buses and trucks on the ground. We rode the train a ton of times and ran as fast as we could on the moving sidewalks. It turned out to be just fine! When we got home, my parents picked dinner up for us and my mom had cleaned my house...we are so blessed!

Thanks, Grammie and Diddy for a wonderful time! We love you so much!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like y'all had such a great time. Sam is getting to be such a big boy. He is so adorable! Also, I love seeing you pregnant .. too cute! Can't wait to catch up with you.

Shelly said...

I am loving those water-sprinkler pictures!

And girl! I was at WOF on Friday. Of course if I would've seen you, I'm sure I would've appeared to be some crazy lady waving at you trying to determine if it was you or not .... lol!

Glad you had a fun time! And a date at the FOX! Oh girl! Yes! lol

The Chappelles said...

sounds like alot of fun! can't wait to visit and catch up...we missed ya!

Ashley Turnbull said...

Sherry, see, isn't this better than sending out an email? Now, you can update all of us on your week in GA at the same time! I love it (you know Krista and I are loving these updates and pictures). I agree, Sam is looking so big, and you are too cute in your maternity state. Sounds like ya'll were crazy busy - I bet that'll be how it is for us when we get down to Mobile with little ones =) And, fun you got to see the play - what a fun date night!
Love you!

The Guess Family said...

Bounce house at 5 months pregnant...I feel your pain. I did that with Addison...not as easy as it looks!