Sunday, May 13, 2007

Well, this weekend was fun and full! On Saturday, we had Sam's 2nd birthday party. We went to Terramont Park and did a joint party with Addison. The kids had a ball running up and down the hills and playing on the playground. And, of course, eating cupcakes! I honestly can't believe we are celebrating Sam's 2nd year! The first year flew by; the second year, I blinked. It just goes by so fast. I didn't get too emotional about it this time...partly because his birthday isn't for a couple of weeks, so I am holding off til then. We were blessed to have lots of friends and family come to celebrate! Enjoy the pictures; Sam isn't smiling in any of them, but he was very happy. He just wasn't happy when I pulled him away from the playground to have to sit in front of his cupcake while we sung.

Then, today is Mother's Day. What a day! I got to sleep in a bit while David got Sam out of bed. Sam came into my room and crawled into my bed and said "Happy Mama's Day!" in the most excited, happy voice you can imagine. He bounced all over the bed and made me laugh so hard. Then, David came in the room with a box I never thought would be given to me. The brown box...with white edging...that says "coach" in the bottom. Oh, my goodness. They gave me a coach purse for Mother's Day. I've never had a purse like this. I don't think I've ever spent more than $20 on a purse and I'm not kidding. I never understood the reason for wanting a coach purse until I held and smelled this thing. It's beautiful and I'm thankful. We got up and went to church and then headed to my parent's house for lunch and some swimming. Then, came home for naps and then headed to a neighborhood pool with the Guess's. Sam had a blast going down the slide, and I had a blast watching him. I can't believe I'm so blessed to call this little boy mine and for him to call me mama. I love him beyond words. He makes me smile and laugh like I never thought possible!










2 comments:

Amanda said...

Sister, where is the picture of your Coach? Sabrina and I are very happy that you're entering into our obsession.

Ashley Turnbull said...

Whohoo! To the Tune of Happy Birthday:

Happy Birthday to Sam,
Happy Mother's Day to Sher,
Happy Coach Purse Day to Mama McClure....
Happy spring for us to bear! (the only that that rhymed!)

And YES, please show us a picture of the new purse (way to go David). I am not sure I even know what a Coach looks like =) But, I did get a Louie Vitton for Christmas - not sure if it's real or bootleg (probably bootleg!!). Either way, I've had several girls ooh and ah over it - ah!!!

PS...Sherry, must read our blog on our latest Texan-experience!