Thursday, February 22, 2007

Sam is taking a nap...for the first time in two days. We have had many issues, but sleeping just hasn't been one of them until the last couple of weeks. I need Sam to take naps. I do a lot while he is asleep; mainly work and do housework, but his naptimes are very important to me. I turn into a monster when Sam doesn't sleep well because I know that he needs to sleep. Today, I put him in his crib for the final time and just told him, "Sam, it's naptime; you need to lay down and go night-night." Of course, he cried for a minute, and of course, I stood outside of his door and peeked on him. Then, I of course called David crying, saying "he won't sleep" like there is something that David can do or say to make it better. I am so blessed to have a husband who is really ok if the house isn't in perfect order everyday when he comes home. There are many days that I have called David and said "do you want a clean house or clean wife when you get home?" he always chooses a clean wife. Anyway, after about five minutes, Sam stopped crying and I thought that he was asleep, so I went and peeked and he was sitting up in his crib, rearranging his blankets and talking to elmo (who he sleeps with). David and I decided that we should leave him in his crib for awhile, as long as he wasn't screaming while I got some things done. So, after about 30 minutes, I went and peeked again, and he was asleep...sitting up. I so badly wanted to go and pull him down, but I didn't want him to wake up. A few minutes later, I went and peeked again and he was still sitting up, but he opened his eyes slowly and then just fell over and did a face plant. That was almost two hours ago! Oh, he is funny and keeps my life interesting!

No comments: