Friday, January 05, 2007




Sam's new tractor is his absolute favorite toy! I never knew that digging in the dirt with a "front loader" and then dumping the dirt into the dump truck could entertain a person for an extended period of time. Sam is fascinated by this activity and it is so fun to watch! Thankfully, we have a ton of leaves in the front yard that act as the dirt. These days, anything that Sam can dig is dirt. We dig in rice in the kitchen, we stir flour and cinnamon and any other spice, and he just calls it "dirt." This is truly a delightful stage that Sam is in...playing and discovering and telling me all about it.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

That's so funny! I love that everything is dirt! He is too cute in that raincoat. Maybe you'll appreciate this. Today I set a huge grocery bag full of plastic baby food containers on top of the oven and later proceeded to make some toast in the oven while it was still there. So tonight when I was putting the food away I noticed that I had melted a few of the containers! Pear-pineapples were spilling out all over the place!

McClure Family said...

Amanda, that is really too funny! I have done many a thing similar to that!