Friday, January 08, 2010

Recent Happenings

~we took Jacob's paci away...it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, but I almost gave in on day two. I still let him have it when he sleeps, and when I got him up from his nap and put the paci back in the bed, his mouth turned into a frown and his chin started quivering. the third day was much easier and I think we are through that with Jacob.

~the boys are actually playing together quite a bit and I have been able to get things done around the house that I used to have to wait until bedtime to do. It is changing my life.

~Jacob is starting to talk a lot more.

~Sam has said some funny/sweet things lately: "mom, you're the best/sweetest mom I've ever had." -----"mom, let's figure out what the last number is; just go to numbers.com." ----"mom, God gave lions strong jaws, but he gave people strong minds." ----"jacob, are you going to argue with me or learn from me?" (we say that to sam a lot)-----

~the boys are really starting to eat me out of house and home. they both eat breakfast around 7:30, then eat another breakfast...like an entire bowl of oatmeal...around 9, then they want a snack around 10:30, then we eat lunch at 11:30. It boggles my mind. I have to try to not eat every time they do or I'll be as big as this house.

~David and I have been working out together every night for the past few weeks. We've only missed three days so far.

~I got a new teapot for Christmas and David and I drink a lot more hot tea than coffee now. We've always had a cup before bedtime, but now we'll have a cup just because it's cold outside multiple times a day.

~David and I finished reading through the Bible and started again at the new year. It never gets boring.

~We start a new ministry at our church next month, where we will be hosting about 4 homeless families; David and I are the coordinators for our church for this and are so honored, humbled, and excited about this ministry. David also continues to go to street church every Wednesday.

~Jacob still isn't extremely interested in toys, but is getting there. He really likes to do whatever Sam does, so if Sam is playing army, so is Jacob. If Sam is pretending to be a firefighter, so is Jacob. This is fun, and it also causes a lot of fighting because Sam is such a perfectionist and gets so upset when Jacob doesn't "do it right" and Jacob gets upset if Sam is upset. It makes my house much louder than I ever thought possible.

~We're toying with the idea of moving to a different house. It won't be for awhile, but we are beginning to think about it. The thought of moving out of my house kind of makes me sad. My house isn't perfect and there are a ton of things I'd still like to change about it, but it's my house...the house I brought my kids home to and the house that we've made so many memories in. It's a struggle for me.

~the boys start swim lessons next week! I'm so excited because it will be a way for them to get lots of energy out!

Ok, this is getting too long, but I wanted to do a little update!

3 comments:

Amanda Burkett said...

Something silly, maybe you'll like it . . . I know you moved more than I did as a child. I was always in Midland . . . But I remember the lovely yellow house where I was born. And the lovely Lockheed house where I was a little girl, where Courtney was born. And I fondly recall the little Coleman Court house where I was a young girl. My favorite is the Pinehurst house, where I grew up, got married, where my mom beat the snot out of cancer. And now in Midland, my parent's beautiful house, unlike any other, the French house. I love all of them. Your boys will, too! Not because of the structure, but because of the memories you and David made for them, because of the family you built and continue to build. I'm (selfishly) praying for Hayden's Run!!

The Guess Family said...

Did you really post this at 4:07am....that is early even for you!!! Call me soon, I miss chatting with you!

McClure Family said...

hey kim...no, i posted it at 6:07 am here, but I just have never changed the time from pacific...