Sunday, November 29, 2009

Ollie

We drove to Georgia for Thanksgiving, and on the way, we stopped to visit my great-grandmother. This lady is amazing. She is 93 years old and is as sharp as a tack. She is absolutely lovely and I hope that I am like her when I grow up. I thought it was quite a treat for my boys to be able to meet their great-great-grandmother. Sam asked her how old she is and when she told him, he said "wow! you're almost to 100!" Jacob mostly enjoyed pushing around a walker in her room. It was a joy to get to see her and we look forward to see her when she comes to visit for Christmas!



2 comments:

Ginger Chappelle said...

Did you notice that PaPa Joe is looking over your shoulder in the picture of you holding Jacob with Granny Cox?? How sweet is that? She still is talking of your visit with her and how much she loved seeing all of you.

The Chappelles said...

awww. i love that... she looks great. so glad you got to visit.