Thursday, August 13, 2009

Pre-K 4

He's officially growing up!  Sam started his PK4 class yesterday and he did great.  I think it is going to be a great year for him.  He will be going on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 8-3.  I will miss him sooooooo much.  I am a wreck thinking about a full day without him in it, but I am just as excited for him at the same time.  He has the same teacher that he had last year and we love her and she loves the kids.  He has 4 boys and 4 girls in his class and he told me that "mom!  everyone is nice!" when he got in the car yesterday.  He also told me little snippets throughout the day about how much fun he had at school and how he likes his new friends.  He is also very excited because he gets to sit on the yellow square on the rug instead of the green hexagon.  I'm not sure why that is so great, but to him, it is a big deal :)

This is the first time that Sam will be eating lunch at school.  I'm so nervous that he won't eat, so I went to Sur La Table and got all of these great cookie cutters to use for his sandwiches...sharks, airplanes, dinasours, etc.  So, I asked him what shape he'd like his sandwich to be and he said that he just wanted a square.  So, I said, ok, four little squares?  And Sam says...no, mom.  just a square.  that's what a sandwich looks like.  Point taken.  

When I dropped him off in his class yesterday, he walked in like he hadn't missed a day this summer.  He put his backpack where it is supposed to go and then walked over to the table to start playing with playdough.  I told him I'd be back soon, and he looked at me with a smile and then his little chin started quivering.  I know he didn't want to cry, so I left the room and cried enough for both of us.  I think the tears are done, but we'll see!  It is going to be such an adjustment for us, but it is good.  And, he is at a great school and he loves it.  

4 comments:

The Chappelles said...

Sherry, he looks so big in that picture. I 'm teary eyed.... And...even though I knew the sandwich story, I can't help but laugh out loud again. . That is a good one.

Krista said...

How cute ... he is so big! I love the story about the sandwich ... hilarious!

Ginger Chappelle said...

He is just growing up to fast -- but I guess we can't put the book on his head to keep him from growing if he would just "knock it off" LOL!

Love him so .....

MiMi

chandel said...

I know school will be so wonderful for you this year, you will grow so much, by the time I get back to visit.
I will miss not having you in classes. Enjoy your days Sam and know that I am covering you in prayer all the way from over here in North Africa.
I love you little man.