Monday, August 04, 2008

Constant

God never has a bad day.  Never a day of complacency or indifference.  There is never a time when He feels like doing nothing; never a day that He just wants to watch the world go by.  He is constant.  Never changing.  The same yesterday, today and forever.  I know that this isn't a profound, but to me, it is something that keeps me going.  

I have days that I just feel like doing something different than what I have been called to do.  On those days, I usually just make it through the day.  At a Living Proof Live event this weekend, the worship leader talked about really living.  About giving 100% (yall) in everything.  For me, this means 100 %  servant of the Lord, wife, mom, daughter, daughter-in-law, sister, sister-in-law, friend, etc.  I know for many of you, you wear the same hats plus some.  This sounds exhausting to me and I could let myself go into a pit of despair over how to be 100% in all of these areas.  Trust me, this is exactly where the enemy always gets me.  He likes to tell me that there is not any way that I can be who I am called to be.  And, you know what? He's right...I can't...not on my own.  That's the key.  I don't have to do this on my own.  You know why?  I have the God who is constant living inside of me.  He is the One who equips me and you to be what we are called to be.  He says in 2 Corinthians 3:5 "Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God."  He makes me competent.  Not only has He made me a wife, mom, etc...He makes me competent to do all of those things.  And, He wants me to do it well.  As my favorite teacher always reminds me according to John 15 "It is to your Father's glory that you bear much fruit."  

Lord, help me to claim the promises of Your Word.  That You make me able to accomplish the works that You have called me to do.  That You want my little life to make a difference.  Help me to call to You and depend on You to fill me up everyday to accomplish what I am on this earth to do.  I love You and want You to be glorified in my life.  

2 comments:

Bryson's Mom said...

Um, did Jesus tell you that I needed to hear that?....cause I so did! Thank you for being faithfull! Love, love, love!!!

The Wiggins Family said...

Sherry- your (God's) words of encouragement always uplift my soul. I have been feeling the same lately b/c I am always changing from one mood to the next. I am so thankful that the one who lives in me is constant and His ways are right and pure and holy. Thank you for the wonderful reminder, may I live fully 100% in Him today and everyday. Love you girl!