Monday, June 16, 2008

Weekend plus some

We had a great weekend to celebrate father's day.  David had to work for awhile on Saturday (stink), so I headed over to my parent's house to take the boys swimming.  On my way, I decided to stop at Starbucks because it had been a tremendously long week for me.  David has been working a ton...like not getting home until after the kids are in bed, so I needed some starbucks.  Would you believe that they were out of coffee??  What in the world?  So, I got a green tea...definitely not the same, but it was fine.  Anyway, so, we swam for awhile and then David came over so we could have some family time.  The four of us left my parent's house and headed to lunch at chipotle and then came home for naps.  

Sunday, we skipped church because we needed some time with David and I wanted to let him sleep in.  I wanted to make breakfast for him, so I asked him what his favorite thing would be and he said a big glass of chocolate milk and a breakfast bar, so that is what he had for breakfast!  Then, Sam gave him his card from him and told him about his present.  I say that he told him about it because the present didn't actually happen. I bought a frame with three slots in it and I planned on putting Sam's footprints on one side and Jacob's on the other and put a picture of the two of them in the middle.  Great idea.  Have you ever tried to get a three year old to stand still while they had paint on their feet?  Have you ever tried to footprint a 5 month old?  Have you ever tried to take a picture of a three year old and a 5 month old together?  Ok, so it didn't work, but I am determined to get it done...it will just take some time, and I'll have to do it on a week that I get a little bit of sleep.  We also got David some running shoes, so that blessed him.  After our wonderful breakfast, we went over to my Bryan and Amy's house for lunch.  They prepared an amazing meal for us, my parents and my grandparents.  It was fun for us all to be together.  Bryan and Amy have some amazing skills in the kitchen, and they always make their food look so pretty!  For dessert, my mom made brownies...from scratch...who does that anymore?  They were so wonderful.  My grandmother made banana pudding, which is so good!  We hung out while the kids played together and then came home to take naps...then, dinner, bath and bed!  I am so thankful for all of my guys...it is so fun to watch David parent our kids.  Sam thinks David is the coolest person in the whole world.  They have such a sweet relationship that just melts my heart away sometimes.  I love seeing my brother be a dad...and my dad is an amazing grandpa.  David's dad is so fun as "diddy."  Sam loves his granddads...he always wants to call diddy and he asks for grandpa all the time.  I am also so blessed to have my pawpaw in my life...he is someone that I cherish!  

Today, I went to the office because we were having an open house.  So, I dropped the boys off at my mom's and headed to the office.  I share an office with two other girls and we haven't decorated our office.  So, one of my coworkers asked a friend of hers to do our office.  It is amazing!  I can't even begin to tell you how incredible of a job this girl did.  It makes me want to go to work everyday.  After the open house, we went out to lunch and I headed back to my mom's.  David wasn't going to be coming home until late tonight, so we just stayed at my mom's for dinner and a swim!  Now, the boys are in bed and I think I'm going to go lay on the couch and watch Jon and Kate until David gets home.  

3 comments:

The Guess Family said...

I LOVE your Grandma's bananna pudding! We just got back from Phoenix, my family is sleeping and I am about to watch Jon and Kate Plus 8 in a nice quiet house!!!

Janelle and Ella said...

That is a great idea for a present! I will have to steal that. :-)

Laurie M said...

Did your Mom and Dad tell you we had dinner with them at Irma's on Friday night? Who knew they knew the Heards? They are Tray's aunt and uncle. Such a small world! Your parents are just delightful.