Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Funny Story

This is something that happened at Animal Kingdom.  I was telling my coworkers about it the other day and one of them told me that I absolutely had to blog this, so here goes:

It was lunchtime and it was hot, so we decided to find a restaurant that was inside.  So did everyone else in Animal Kingdom.  We went to look for a table and realized that it would be a long time before a table opened up, so David went to get the food while I "vultured" a table.  A family finally got up from a table and I pushed the stroller over to it to settle down until David got back...which should be any moment.  Sam was in the stroller and I was holding Jacob.  This is where everything went downhill fast.

Sam tells me that he wants to get out.  I was holding Jacob and there was no place to put him down, so I told Sam that he would just have to wait until Daddy got back.  That did not satisfy Sam, so he decided that he would try to get out himself.  He turned himself around, so his stomach was where his bottom should be and his back was against the tray.  His feet were on the ground.  He was stuck.  Completely stuck.  And, there was nothing I could do to get him unstuck because I was holding Jacob, who was so hot and tired and crying by this time.  Sam soon realized that his feet were on the ground and he could move the stroller, so he started running around the restaurant with the stroller attached to him.  I was the crazy woman running around behind him trying to tell him to stop.  Of course he wasn't going to stop!  It was so fun to run around.  There were 10,000 people in the restaurant staring at me, but no one offering to help.  Finally, a lady came over and asked if there was anything that she could do, so I handed Jacob to her and pulled Sam out of the stroller.  Drama over.

Then, Sam says, "Mama, I need to go poo-poo."  Of course he does.  I don't want to give up my table, but when he's gotta go...  I find the nearest restaurant worker to ask where the closest restroom is, and he tells me that it is through the lobby (where there are 10,000 more people waiting for their food...) on the other side of the restaurant.  I get through the mob and find the bathroom and get into a 2x2 stall to get Sam on the toilet.  I had put him in a swimsuit just in case we went on any water rides, so he can't get his pants off by himself.  I finally get him on the potty and he looks at me and says, "i not need to go anymore."  I want you to know that I had totally lost my cool by this point.  I said very loudly, "I cannot do this!"  And told Sam that he needed to pull up his pants.  I hated being that mom that everyone in the bathroom is listening to and wondering why she is so aggravated with her child when they are just having trouble pulling their pants up.  Anyway, we finally made it back to the table and David was still not there.  Thankfully, I left the stroller at the table and no one took our table...if they had, they would have heard an earfull.

David finally showed up at the table and said, "I am never again standing in line for food unless it is chipotle...and I just spent $30.00 on three chicken nuggets."  I just started laughing and told him what had just happened to us.  That was definitely the low point of our trip, but it is something I'll never forget!!

3 comments:

Bryson's Mom said...

Girl, I feel your pain. That potty-training comes back to bite us at some inopportune times! :)
Love you!

Amanda Burkett said...

That's classic hysterical Sambini! I love it, although I ache tremendously for you, sweet mama!!! Thanks for sharing. I'm literally sitting here grinning, just enjoying your little boy's antics.

The Wiggins Family said...

Oh Girl- It sounds like a whirlwind. Oh how I have had moments like that. Well not exactly, but crazy to say the least. It is in those moments that I just have to laugh because it's too crazy to phathom. Love you!