Friday, March 14, 2008

Rodeo




Last weekend, we had our very first Houston Livestock and Rodeo experience.  We actually ended up staying ALL day long...like 8 hours.  I felt like the girl in the movie, "Sweet Home Alabama" when Reese Witherspoon says, "you have a baby...in a bar"; I felt like..."you have a baby...at the rodeo."  We started out at the pig races, and left the actual rodeo part because it was so very loud in there.  I just didn't feel like Jacob's little ears could handle it.  We had a ball seeing all of the animals, tractors and watching the rides.  Yes, I did say watching.  Sam didn't want to actually ride anything, so we just watched.  And, we got to eat us some good barbeque.  I got some perspective when the poor dairy cow was on display when it was time for the poor thing to produce milk and she had an audience.  Poor thing.  Our very favorite part of the day was watching the kids ride the sheep.  Those little kids held on for dear life and some of them never let go.  It was hilarious! I couldn't believe that such little kids would do something like this; they were so very brave!  

1 comment:

Ashley Turnbull said...

Oh, Sherry! Ya'll are true Texans now! I just can't believe it. By the time I see you again in like 2010, you're going to have license plates that say "Crazy for Texas!"