Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Well, it's been awhile since I've posted and I'm sorry! Lots has been going on in our little household, so let me give you a quick recap.
1. David is changing jobs and will start with Tetra Technologies tomorrow. I'm not real sure what he is going to be doing, but I do know that he is excited about it. And, the office is 15 minutes from our house, so our world will change quite a bit. No more long commutes for him! He will not have to leave the house until 7:30 and will be home around 5:30 everyday. I can't wait! We are so grateful that the Lord opened this opportunity for him and spent lots of time in prayer over it and know that it is the right thing. We were already able to spend some time with some of the folks from the company a week ago. They were very gracious and took us to an Astros game...suite and all. We had a great time and felt so pampered. I tried to act normal, but the suite was amazing and they had every kind of ball park food available to you at all times. I ate a hot dog. YUM! And, I had a few nachos. YUM!! I felt very pampered being there! We had a great time with everyone and several of the wives told me that this was the best job that their husbands had ever had. Praise the Lord!

2. Sam's Grammie came to spend a week with us. We had the best time with her! She spoiled us the whole time that she was here...my kitchen was never dirty, lots of laundry just appeared folded in my room, Sam got lots of toys, I got some new clothes, she had a picture framed (that she painted ) for me, she took us out to eat, and just made us feel very loved. I'm sure I"m forgetting something, but just get the fact that we are spoiled and know it. She did everything with us. We went to the mall, to the zoo, to an indoor playground, and she even went to Sam's art class with him. We scheduled her time here while I was out of town, so there were a couple of days that I missed with her and she and David took Sam to the pool, too! She is wonderful!

3. I went to Cleveland for work for a couple of days. Ok, I never knew that Cleveland was a pretty city, but oh my goodness, it is! I didn't spend much time there, but what I did see was nice. They have very pretty buildings everywhere; the hotel that we stayed in was built in 1918; Cleveland is right on one of the great lakes, and it was beautiful! I was so blessed to be there. I don't have any pictures from there, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

4. Sam finished up his art class. He has been in a class called "Messy Mitts" for the past couple of months. They did all kinds of fun things like make playdough, make rocks, play in shaving cream, paint with pudding and make bubbles. Sam doesn't really like to get messy, so this was out of his comfort zone, but he did very well. It helped that his best friend, Addison was in the class, too.

5. I fall in love with Sam more everyday. He constantly cracks us up! He says the funniest things and he never, ever stops talking. If he's not talking, he's singing. Last night, we were in a store and he picked up a toy and looked at me with the sweetest eyes and said "yets pay for dis." I couldn't resist. I bought him an over priced toy, but I couldn't help it. He also says "mama, what dat yady dooning?" constantly about any person who is doing anything anywhere that he doesn't know. And, Sam doesn't exactly have an inside voice, so I just have to answer him to the best I can. Today, he asked me "why" for the first time. I tried to ignore it. Hopefully, it is just a fluke and we're not getting into that! Sam is also into dancing with moves that he has learned from Johnny Rockets. He starts dancing and says "dis is what the people at johnny rockets do." Now, we are all doing their routine!

Well, I think that's all for now. I hope that is a decent update and that I haven't forgotten anything. I'm sure I have because Sam does something new and fun everyday, but that's all for now!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

lol. "Today he asked me 'why' for the first time, but I tried to ignore it." Hysterical!

You too are just precious. Love the photos!