Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Two year olds are amazing. They contain more passion in their little bodies than most adults. And, they are much bigger than you think. My old pastor told a story one time about his friends that were talking about their four year old little boy "not letting him do this and that" and the pastor said, "really, how big is that four year old?" Well, I'm just saying that a two year old can be pretty big sometimes. Let me tell you. Last week, Sam had a stomach ache that woke all of us up in the middle of the night. He was screaming, "Mama, tummy hurts." So, of course, we went into his room to console him. David took care of the diaper since my pregnant tummy doesn't handle that too well, and then I was going to rock Sam until he calmed down. He had that kind of ache where you can't get comfortable and all you can do is roll around. So, I thought that it might be easier to take him to our bed instead of holding him. We have never had Sam in our bed before. A two year old can take up an entire queen size bed. He laid in the middle of the bed, completely sprawled out, and David and I got on either side of him. We were pretty concerned about him because he made an awful pain sound with each breath, but he went to sleep. David massaged his tummy and eventually we were all about asleep after about two hours. Then, Sam woke up and looked at David, then looked at me, then got a huge smile on his face and said, "Dad, Mama." Like, "this is the greatest thing in the whole world...everybody's here!!" Then, he saw Tex next to the bed and his world was complete. Since he seemed to be feeling fine, I asked him if he wanted to go back to Sam's bed. He said, "no, mama's bed." I mean, who would want to leave a perfect situation. But, all good things have to come to an end and he did go back to his bed. It was so funny to us and now we know why we don't share our bed with him. We'd never sleep and I'm pretty picky about my sleeping.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh my gosh, that is the cutest thing ever! At camp last week Jackson woke up super early and for the first time I brought him over to my bed and he fell asleep. I am definitely not going to get into that, but he was so sweet.

Ashley Turnbull said...

How funny! I can just envision it! You need to post a baby-bump update. I'd love to see the new figure =)