Wednesday, December 13, 2006



Sam loves his blocks...building them up tall and then knocking them down is his favorite thing to do. He and David do this together all the time and it is precious to watch. One of Sam's favorite times of day is when Daddy gets home. He hears the truck pull in, tex goes nuts and Sam runs as fast as he can to the door. I just try to keep Tex from knocking Sam over with his tail as Tex is completely unaware that he has a tail, much less that it could knock over anything in its path. My good friend watched Tex for us once (that's why she's STILL a good friend) and his tail almost took out her enitre Christmas tree. But, why I am so mindful of the fact that Sam loves this time of day is because David is out of town right now...and for an entire week...and overseas, which just seems worse because he couldn't get home real quick. From about 6:00 pm until bedtime is Dad and Sam time. They play blocks, do bathtime, read books, play tractors and whatever else they can fit in. They wrestle and laugh and have a ball. And, I am so blessed to watch it! I miss my husband so much and Sam is so ready for his "dada" to get home! He asks for him every morning and every evening when it is about the time that David gets home, he looks for him. We are so ready for this week to be over and to have our David home!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh girl, I know it has been a long week. How If Curt had gone to Paris without me I don't know if I would have handled it very gracefully! How precious that Sam runs to the door for his daddy. See you tomorrow!

Ashley Turnbull said...

Hope Dave made it back safely...call or email tomorrow to fill me in! Hope ya'll had a restful weekend.