Thursday, November 30, 2006

Here is something that Sam did a couple of days ago and I never would have dreamed that I would find this hilarious or even have the guts to tell this story until I became a mom...of a boy!!! While we were in Atlanta, Sam had the most horrible diaper rash and I mean horrible. The poor thing wouldn't even sit down for a day because it hurt so bad. So, I had to let him run around without a diaper on so he could heal. You can only imagine the fun that was! Whenever he would "tee-tee", he thought it was the funniest thing in the world. I kind of forgot about this when we got home and so the story goes. We were getting ready to go to the doctor on Monday for hi 18 month checkup and I was picking out Sam's clothes and he was running around in a diaper. All of the sudden, I heard this giggling coming from the playroom, so I ran to see what fun was going on. To my dismay, Sam had taken his diaper off and was choosing which things to go on. He would start and stop and laugh like crazy. I tried to not laugh and took him into the bathroom, stood him on the stool and told him that he was supposed to go in the toilet. He took me literally and thought that he was supposed to go in the toilet, so he tried to get in it. Thankfully, I stopped him. Our doctor said that he is ready for potty training after this incident, but I'm not so sure. Oh, the joys of mothering a boy!!

4 comments:

Ashley Turnbull said...

Hilarious! And yes, to think that one of the girliest girls of us all had a BOY and is dealing with this! Too funny! Adam told me about this post last night, and he was just laughing! Oh, it will be interesting to see what God blesses our little family with one day =)

Amanda said...

That is too funny! He must have thought that was the best game ever.

Bull said...

That sounds like a fun game. Wait til he decides to play it at the grocery store.

Anonymous said...

sherry. let's just say, i can only imagine! :0) k mcmahon