Sunday, June 25, 2006



13 Months

Sam is 13 months old! No more breastfeeding. No more bottles. No more formula. No more baby food. No more pacifiers. Just growing up so fast! This past month has been one of transitions for Sam. We took the bottle away and started whole milk. I really thought that it would be a big struggle for him, but I guess since he was on the bottle for only a month and a half, it was no big deal! One day, we just stopped giving him a bottle, and he was totally fine with it. I weaned him from formula little by little; but again, I think that since he was on it for such a short time, he didn't mind too much. The pacifier was no biggie, either! One night, he just pushed it away and hasn't wanted it since! I have to say that I was very nervous about both of these things and feel so blessed about how he handled these milestones!

He is starting to try and say a lot of things. He says flower, pronounced "fwaaa." He says truck, pronounced "chuck." He says Tex. Dad. Mama. Where? Outside..."siiiii" Pictures..."chures." He started saying "shhhhh" and putting his finger over his lips the other day. I know there are others, but I can't think of them right now.

I still rock him to sleep for his naps and bedtime, but that is starting to be a struggle because he wants to talk about everything instead of going to sleep. He wants to point at my nose and mouth and eyes and ears and hair and glasses. I don't really mind, though, because at least he is still for a few moments! All in all, he is the delight of this home. He makes us laugh til our stomachs hurt, and he can make me cry when he is asleep in my arms and I think of how blessed I am to have received this precious gift.

13 months. So many to go. So much to experience. I can't wait!!

No comments: